Friday, September 7, 2007

Twenty-One Again

Personal experiment 1

Title: Twenty-One Again

As a child, I was always really skinny and was always much smaller than my peers. At one point, my mother visited my family doctor and informed him that she was very worried about my eating habits. I would never eat, usually living on a few fish sticks a day. He asked my mother, “Has anyone in your family ever died from starvation?” No, she said. He informed her that her little bony son would survive as well.

Entering into my prepubescent years, or as I like to refer to them as my chubby years, I viewed myself, for the first time, as a fat kid. Fortunately, that only lasted about sixteen months and then I grew about six inches taller.

“Oh my god, I am going to be tall, finally.” Those added inches made me about five feet six inches. Today, as an adult, I am still at the same height. I guess I better enjoy it while I can, I was told that as you get older, you get shorter. GREAT!

My teen years, I was very skinny but I began to develop some muscle tone. By college I was still enjoying my late night eating, my share of alcoholic beverages, and exercising much less. After my first year of college, I noticed my waist expanding so I began to lift weights for the first time. When entering College, I weighed about 110 pounds and by the end of my freshman year, I was at 135 pounds. I went from a 28 to a 32 waist.

I entered the Navy when I was 20 years old. I first thought that the Navy would keep me in shape but soon after boot camp, I realized that the only way that I would stay in shape in the Navy would be if I decided to do it myself. I continued to workout in the Navy but still managed to gain weight.

After the Navy I continued and completed college. I noticed once I reached my 30’s, I really had to keep an eye on my diet. I longed for the days that I could eat an entire pizza at midnight and would not put on the weight, ohh the beauty of youth.

Now in my mid 30’s I have focused on going to the gym but I have not seen the results that I have wanted to achieve. I am concerned by what I have seen as hereditary habits. My parents have fought weight, usually because of their diet and lack of exercise. I reached a level of 172 pounds at a 240 score on my cholesterol. Over the past year, I have brought my weight and cholesterol down but have plateaued over the past few months. I figured the only way to reach my target goal is to focus on my diet and exercise routine by carefully recording all that I do.

Today, my weight has leveled at 155 pounds, I have been at a 34 waist for 10 years, and my cholesterol is at 200. Over the next 30 days I will record my food intake and my progress at the gym. My weight goal is set at 145 pounds and a waist size of 32. If I achieve this goal I will be in the best shape I have been in since I was 21.

Day 1
Workout routine

Chest
 Vertical Press 150x10 135x10 120x10
 Incline Press 135x10 120x10 105x10
 Decline Press 100x10 80x10 60x10
 Seated Fly 70x10 60x10 50x10
Shoulders
 Lateral Raise 65x10 50x10 40x10
 Shoulder Press 120x10 100x10 80x10

Lats
 Front Pulldown 100x10 80x10 60x10
 Lat Flexor 120x10 105x10 90x10
Arms
 Tricept Pulldown 50x20 42.5x20 35x20
 Bicept Curl 60x10 50x10 40x10
Abs
 Ab press 95x25 80x25 65x25
 Torso Rotation 90x10 70x10 50x10 (each side)
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 10 minutes .70 miles
 Fit Stride 10 minutes .75 miles
 Treadmill 10 minutes .68 miles

Today’s Diet:
Breakfast: Protein Shake – ½ banana, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 tbs. Peanut butter, 4 oz water, 4 oz soymilk.
Also had 12 oz. Water
Lunch – Lowfat peach yogurt and 24 oz. Water.
Dinner – Wheat pasta with sauce, turkey meatballs and broccoli.
2 cups green tea, hot. 24 oz. Water.
Snack – Fat Free pudding.

Today’s thoughts – I was a little tired today, my workout felt great. I had a difficult day at work, the first thing I wanted to do was eat but I did not allow myself to do so. I hope this workout plan will help alleviate some stress in my life and help me focus on improving other aspects of my life.

Day 2
Workout Routine

Legs
 Calf Raise 230x20 210x20 190x20
 Leg Extension 110x10 90x10 70x10
 Hip Abduction 90x10 70x15 50x25
 Hip Adduction 110x15 90x15 70x20
 Leg Curl 80x10 65x10 50x10
 Seated Leg Press 150x8 130x8 110x8
Abs
 Torso Rotation 90x10 (each side)
 Ab press 110x25 95x25 80x25 65x25
 Standard crunches 100
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 10 minutes .90
 Fit Stride 10 minutes .87
 Treadmill 10 minutes .62

Today’s Diet:
Breakfast: Protein Shake. Also had 30 oz of water.
Lunch: Left over wheat pasta, turkey meatballs and broccoli, 2 cups green tea and 20 oz of water.
Dinner: Spinach Salad with grilled chicken, lite dressing, apples, blue cheese.
Snack: Apples with peanut butter

Today’s thoughts: I have always had a problem with meal proportions. I am now keeping them at a more reasonable amount. When it is time to eat, I am definitely ready to eat. My body feels good but I really miss sweet tea and lemonade, I would personally have at least two glasses of sweet tea and a glass of lemonade every day. That’s a lot of sugar! Took Zoee, our dog, for a walk around the park about 1/3 mile.

Day 3
Workout routine
Chest
 Vertical Press 150x12 135x12 120x12
 Incline Press 135x8 120x12 105x12
 Decline Press 100x10 80x12 60x12
 Seated Fly 70x12 60x12 50x12
Shoulders
 Lateral Raise 65x12 50x12 40x12
 Shoulder Press 120x10 100x10 80x10

Lats
 Front Pulldown 100x12 80x12 60x12
 Lat Flexor 120x12 105x12 90x12
Arms
 Tricept Pulldown 50x25 42.5x25 35x25
 Bicept Curl 60x12 50x12 40x12
Abs
 Ab press 95x30 80x30 65x30
 Torso Rotation 90x12 70x12 50x12 (each side)
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 12 minutes .96
 Fit Stride 12 minutes 1.03
 Treadmill 12 minutes .82
Today’s diet
Breakfast – Protein shake and 30 oz of water.
Lunch – Left over chicken and salad, 2 cups hot green tea, 30 oz water.
Dinner: I took my dad out to dinner. List of what I had: 20 oz of water, 2 lobsters, 1 lb. crab legs, ½ lb. shrimp, 2 small crab cakes and a small piece of key lime pie.

Today’s thoughts:
I went to the gym later in the day, seemed not to have as much energy. Dinner was great but felt extremely tired afterwards, it’s been awhile since I have had so much in one meal.

Day 4
Workout routine

Legs
 Calf Raise 230x35 210x35 190x35
 Leg Extension 110x15 90x15 70x15
 Hip Abduction 90x12 70x20 50x30
 Hip Adduction 110x25 90x25 70x30
 Leg Curl 80x12 65x12 50x12
 Seated Leg Press 150x10 130x10 110x10
Abs
 Torso Rotation 90x12 (each side)
 Ab press 110x30 95x30 80x30 65x30
 Standard crunches 200
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 12 minutes 1.00
 Fit Stride 12 minutes 1.08
 Treadmill 12 minutes .92

Today’s diet:
Breakfast: Lowfat blueberry yogurt, 20 oz water.
Lunch: Small turkey sandwich, 10 oz water, 2 cups green tea (hot).
Dinner: Small wheat flatbread pizza with cheese and pepperoni, 30 oz water.
Snack: Small Italian ice

Today’s thoughts:
Had a great legs and cardio workout this morning. Meals were filling but got really hungry between. I may try and drink more water. Took Zoee back to the park for walk about 1/3 mile. I weigh myself in the morning.

Day 5
Workout routine

Chest
 Vertical Press 150x14 135x14 120x14
 Incline Press 135x14 120x14 105x14
 Decline Press 100x14 80x14 60x14
 Seated Fly 70x14 60x14 50x14
Shoulders
 Lateral Raise 65x14 50x14 40x14
 Shoulder Press 120x14 100x14 80x14

Lats
 Front Pulldown 100x14 80x14 60x14
 Lat Flexor 120x14 105x14 90x14
Arms
 Tricept Pulldown 50x30 42.5x30 35x30
 Bicept Curl 60x14 50x14 40x14
Abs
 Ab press 95x35 80x35 65x35
 Torso Rotation 90x14 70x14 50x14 (each side)
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 14 minutes 1.15
 Fit Stride 14 minutes 1.20
 Treadmill 14 minutes 1.11

Today’s Diet:
Breakfast: Protein Shake, 20 oz water
Lunch: apple with peanut butter, 2 cups green tea
Dinner: Grilled Chicken, brown rice, black beans, salsa, cheese, 20 oz water

Today’s thought: I checked my weight today, it is coming down I just don’t see my body changing. This week’s workout was difficult on me. I was extremely tired after my workout; I contribute it to my intense and extended cardio workout. I will not be working out this weekend but I will watch my diet. I will get some exercise on Saturday at the beach.

Day 6 (Saturday)

Diet:
Breakfast: Golden Grahams Cereal with soymilk, 10 oz water.
Lunch: Mc Donalds: Parfait and Grilled Chipotle Chicken Snack Wrap (both surprisingly good) with 20 oz water.
Dinner: Hot Dog with Chili and very small piece of birthday cake and 30 oz water. (Went to birthday party).

Thoughts: At the party, many friends noticed that I looked like I lost weight and looked more muscular, that felt great. Also, it was a very nice day at the beach.

Day 7 (Sunday)

Diet:
Breakfast: 2 slices of wheat toast with butter substitute and honey 10 oz water and 1 cup green tea.
Lunch: Left over grilled chicken, black beans, brown rice and cheese.
Dinner: Wheat flatbread pizza with blue cheese, mozzarella cheese, and portabella mushrooms.


Day 8
Workout routine

Chest
 Vertical Press 165x8 150x8 135x8
 Incline Press 150x8 135x14 120x14
 Decline Press 110x8 90x8 70x8
 Seated Fly 80x8 70x8 60x8
Shoulders
 Lateral Raise 80x8 65x8 50x8
 Shoulder Press 130x8 110x8 90x8

Lats
 Front Pulldown 120x8 100x8 80x8
 Lat Flexor 135x8 120x8 105x8
Arms
 Tricept Pulldown 57.5x20 50x20 42.5x20
 Bicept Curl 70x8 60x8 50x8
Abs
 Ab press 100x20 85x20 70x20
 Torso Rotation 90x14 70x14 50x14 (each side)
 Standard Crunch 100
 Torso Crunch 10x10 10x10 10x10 (each side)
Back
 Seated Row 90x8 70x8 50x8
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 15 minutes 1.23
 Fit Stride 15 minutes 1.44
 Treadmill 15 minutes 1.16

Diet:
Breakfast: Protein Shake and 20 oz water.
Lunch: Turkey sandwich on wheat and 40 oz water.
Dinner: Spinach salad with provolone cheese, croutons, strawberries and lite honey Dijon dressing and 30 oz water.
Snack: Apple with peanut butter.

Today’s thoughts: I had a great workout today. It was nice adding a few new exercises. Cardio seems to be getting easier. My weight is still going down, I should reach my target weight by day 30.



Day 9
Workout routine

Legs
 Calf Raise 250x20 230x20 210x20
 Leg Extension 120x8 110x10 90x12
 Hip Abduction 100x8 90x15 70x20
 Hip Adduction 120x8 100x15 90x20
 Leg Curl 85x10 70x12 55x14
 Seated Leg Press 170x8 150x8 130x8
Abs
 Torso Rotation 90x12 (each side)
 Ab press 100x20 85x20 75x20 60x20
 Standard crunches 250
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 16 minutes 1.45
 Fit Stride 16 minutes 1.45
Treadmill 16 minutes 1.22

Diet:
Breakfast: Protein Shake, 40 oz water
Lunch: Turkey/Roast Beef on wheat bread, 2 cups hot green tea
Dinner: Bourbon Chicken with Sweet Potato Pancakes, 40 oz water
Snack: Fat Free Pudding

Today’s thought: I am finding the diet easier. I was offered bagels this morning and cookies this afternoon and turned both down. The workout is going well, my abs hurt today and the cardio is getting more intense. If I have not mentioned my cardio, I am going at higher levels, usually working up as I go. I am feeling better but really miss my sweet tea and lemonade. I am also missing my coffee.

Day 10

Workout routine

Chest
 Vertical Press 165x10 150x10 135x10
 Incline Press 150x10 135x10 120x10
 Decline Press 110x10 90x10 70x10
 Seated Fly 80x10 70x10 60x10
Shoulders
 Lateral Raise 80x10 65x10 50x10
 Shoulder Press 130x10 110x10 90x10

Lats
 Front Pulldown 120x10 100x10 80x10
 Lat Flexor 135x8 120x8 105x8
Arms
 Tricept Pulldown 57.5x25 50x25 42.5x25
 Bicept Curl 70x10 60x10 50x10
Abs
 Ab press 100x25 85x25 70x25
 Torso Rotation 90x16 70x16 50x16 (each side)
 Standard Crunch 100
 Torso Crunch 10x10 10x10 10x10 (each side)
Back
 Seated Row 90x10 70x10 50x10
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 17 minutes 1.44
 Fit Stride 17 minutes 1.79
 Treadmill 17 minutes 1.28

Diet:
Breakfast: Protein Shake, 30 oz water
Lunch: Left over Sweet Potato Pancakes with Bourbon Chicken.
Dinner: Turkey Kielbasa, brown rice, and green beans.
Snack: Italian Ice

Today’s thought: My workout was extremely difficult. I feel increasing my workout has put a strain on me. I may have to start breaking my workout into two different times. My increase in cardio really makes my workout time much longer. I am still on my way of reaching my 145 lb. body weight goal.

Day 11
Workout routine

Legs
 Calf Raise 250x25 230x25 210x25
 Leg Extension 120x10 110x12 90x14
 Hip Abduction 100x10 90x12 70x25
 Hip Adduction 120x19 100x20 90x25
 Leg Curl 85x12 70x14 55x16
 Seated Leg Press 170x10 150x10 130x10
Abs
 Torso Rotation 90x12 (each side)
 Ab press 100x30 85x30 75x30 60x30
 Standard crunches 300
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 18 minutes 1.57
 Fit Stride 18 minutes 1.72
Treadmill 18 minutes 1.31

Diet:
Breakfast: Protein shake, 30 oz water.
Lunch: Turkey sandwich on wheat and 2 cups hot green tea.
Dinner: Chicken and vegetable stirfry over lomein noodles and 40 oz water.
Snack: Chocolate fat free pudding and 2 tablespoons of honey

Today’s thoughts: I am looking forward to a weekend of not going to the gym. I don’t know how some people can go to the gym constantly and not burnout. My abs hurt again today, I am sure it is because I increased my ab workout this week. I am noticing my body changing, I am sure I will notice it before others, although people have noticed I have lost weight. Felt good about the diet today. The cardio kicked my ass today maybe it is because I did over 4 ½ miles today.

Day 12
Workout routine

Chest
 Vertical Press 165x12 150x12 135x12
 Incline Press 150x12 135x12 120x12
 Decline Press 110x12 90x12 70x12
 Seated Fly 80x12 70x14 60x16
Shoulders
 Lateral Raise 80x12 65x14 50x16
 Shoulder Press 130x10 110x10 90x10

Lats
 Front Pulldown 120x12 100x14 80x16
 Lat Flexor 135x10 120x10 105x10
Arms
 Tricept Pulldown 57.5x30 50x30 42.5x30
 Bicept Curl 70x12 60x14 50x16
Abs
 Ab press 100x30 85x30 70x30
 Torso Rotation 90x18 70x18 50x18 (each side)
 Standard Crunch 150
 Torso Crunch 10x10 10x10 10x10 (each side)
Back
 Seated Row 90x12 70x14 50x16
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 19 minutes 1.70
 Fit Stride 19 minutes 2.07
 Treadmill 19 minutes 1.61

Also did one set (Lats) on the Fixed Pulldown machine 100x20

Diet:
Breakfast: Protein Shake, 20 oz water
Lunch: Left over Chicken and Vegetable lomein with 40 oz water
Dinner: Spinach and strawberry salad with 40 oz water
Snack: Apple with peanut butter, popcorn

Thought: I broke up my workout into two times today. In the morning I did weight training and in the afternoon I did Cardio. I weighed myself, no change from Wednesday. I am a little stressed and down right now but know it will pass. I will continue with this program no matter what, it is something a really want to do. I hope at the end of the 30 days, I see the results that I want to see. I don’t know if I will ever be happy, especially with my stomach.

Day 13 (Saturday)
Diet
Breakfast: 2 slices wheat toast, hot green tea.
Lunch: Blackberry fat free yogurt, 20 oz water
Dinner: Salad, 3 garlic knots, 4 chicken and cheese ravioli, 5 cheese and spinach ravioli, 1 lobster ravioli, 30 oz water
Snack: fat free/sugar free Popsicle
Day 14 (Sunday)
Diet
Breakfast: 2 slices wheat toast with honey 20 oz water
Lunch: Yogurt 10 oz water
Dinner: 2 Wheat chicken soft tacos with brown rice and black beans
Snack: Fat free/Sugar free popsicles





Day 15 HALFWAY POINT
Workout routine

Chest
 Vertical Press 180x6 165x8 150x10
 Incline Press 165x6 150x6 135x6
 Decline Press 120x6 100x6 80x6
 Seated Fly 90x6 80x10 70x14
Shoulders
 Lateral Raise 95x6 80x8 65x10
 Shoulder Press 140x6 130x8 100x10

Lats
 Front Pulldown 140x10 120x10 100x10
 Lat Flexor 150x8 135x8 120x8
Arms
 Tricept Pulldown 65x15 57.5x20 50x25
 Bicept Curl 80x8 70x10 60x12
Abs
 Ab press 110x20 95x20 80x20
 Torso Rotation 90x20 70x20 50x20 (each side)
 Standard Crunch 150
 Torso Crunch 25x10 25x10 25x10 (each side)
Back
 Seated Row 100x8 80x10 60x12
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 20 minutes 1.74
 Fit Stride 20 minutes 2.25
 Treadmill 20 minutes 1.72

Did extra: Seated Curl 25x20 30x20

Diet:
Breakfast: Protein Shake, 10 oz water
Lunch: Two wheat chicken soft tacos with 20 oz water
Dinner: Cheddar Turkey Burgers on wheat roll with low fat potato chips, 40 oz water.
Snack: Sugar Free/Fat Free Popsicle

Days thought: My weight went up a pound on Friday but was down two pounds today. Upper body weight increase felt great. I am lifting some of the heaviest weight I have ever lifted. Cardio went great, will need to start going to the gym a little earlier since doing 60 minutes of cardio each day. My workout today went from 6:45am-9:15 am.

Day 16
Workout routine

Legs
 Calf Raise 270x20 250x20 230x20
 Leg Extension 130x8 120x10 100x12
 Hip Abduction 105x6 95x10 75x14
 Hip Adduction 130x10 120x15 110x20
 Leg Curl 90x6 75x8 60x10
 Seated Leg Press 190x6 170x8 150x10
Abs
 Torso Rotation 90x12 (each side)
 Ab press 110x20 95x20 85x20 75x20
 Standard crunches 300
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 20 minutes 1.77
 Fit Stride 20 minutes 2.02
Treadmill 20 minutes 1.62
Did extra: Machine Crunch 40x50 45x50
Ab Press 65x50
Hip Adduction 75x50
Hip Adbuction 50x50

Diet:
Breakfast: Protein shake, 30 oz water
Lunch: Turkey Cheese Burger, 20 oz water
Dinner: Grilled chicken breast over wheat pasta and sauce, 20 oz water.
Snack: Sugar Free/Fat Free Popsicle

Thought: Great leg workout today, not so great on the cardio. I had tremendous energy. Food intake is getting easier. Only 14 days remaining, hope to reach my weight goal. I went to the gym earlier today and did not feel as rushed.

Day 17
Workout routine

Chest
 Vertical Press 180x8 165x10 150x12
 Incline Press 165x8 150x8 135x8
 Decline Press 120x8 100x8 80x8
 Seated Fly 90x8 80x12 70x16
Shoulders
 Lateral Raise 95x8 80x10 65x12
 Shoulder Press 140x8 130x10 100x12

Lats
 Front Pulldown 140x12 120x12 100x12
 Lat Flexor 150x10 135x10 120x10
Arms
 Tricept Pulldown 65x20 57.5x25 50x30
 Bicept Curl 80x10 70x12 60x14
Abs
 Ab press 110x25 95x25 80x25
 Torso Rotation 90x20 70x20 50x20 (each side)
 Standard Crunch 150
 Torso Crunch 25x10 25x10 25x10 (each side)
Back
 Seated Row 100x10 80x12 60x14
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 20 minutes 1.70
 Fit Stride 20 minutes 2.34
 Treadmill 20 minutes 1.80

Diet:
Breakfast: Protein Shake, 20 oz water
Lunch: Wheat Pasta with chicken and sauce, 2 cups hot green tea, 30 oz water.
Dinner: 2 Chipotle Chicken wraps from Mc Donalds with 20 oz water.
Snack: Sugar Free Pudding

Days thought: Great workout today, not as hungry today.

Day 18
Workout routine

Legs
 Calf Raise 270x25 250x25 230x25
 Leg Extension 130x10 120x12 100x14
 Hip Abduction 105x8 95x12 75x16
 Hip Adduction 130x12 120x20 110x25
 Leg Curl 90x8 75x10 60x12
 Seated Leg Press 190x8 170x10 150x12
Abs
 Torso Rotation 90x12 (each side)
 Ab press 110x30 95x30 85x30 75x30
 Standard crunches 400
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 20 minutes 1.76
 Fit Stride 20 minutes 2.01
Treadmill 20 minutes 1.51

Diet:
Breakfast: Protein Shake, 20 oz water.
Lunch: Turkey on wheat bun, 20 oz water.
Dinner: Grilled chicken with cheddar cheese on wheat bun with low fat potato chips and 20 oz water.
Snack: Italian Ice.

Days thought: I was disappointed with workout today. I had to break it up into two sessions. I was hungry most of the day. My body is really tired, looking forward to a relaxing weekend.

Day 19
Workout routine

Chest
 Vertical Press 165x12 150x12 135x12
 Incline Press 165x10 150x12 135x12
 Decline Press 120x6 100x7 80x14
 Seated Fly 90x11 80x12 70x14
Shoulders
 Lateral Raise 85x8 70x12 55x18
 Shoulder Press 140x8 130x10 100x12

Lats
 Front Pulldown 150x14 130x11 110x12
 Lat Flexor 150x10 135x12 120x14
Arms
 Tricept Pulldown 65x20 57.5x25 50x30
 Bicept Curl 80x8 70x14 60x16
Abs
 Ab press 110x35 95x35 80x40 65x50
 Torso Rotation 90x20 70x20 50x20 (each side)
 Standard Crunch 150
 Torso Crunch 25x10 25x10 25x10 (each side)
Back
 Seated Row 100x10 80x12 60x12
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 20 minutes 1.68
 Fit Stride 20 minutes 2.19
 Treadmill 20 minutes 1.66

Diet:
Breakfast: Protein Shake, 20 oz water.
Lunch: Lowfat yogurt, 20 oz water.
Dinner: 2 slices Pizza Hut Pan Pepperoni Pizza, 20 oz water, 1 16 oz bottle Coke One.
Snack: Fat Free/Sugar Free Popsicle.

Days thought: The reason for my numbers being off during my workout is that I forgot my workout log. Having my workout log has been very important, it keeps me on task and encourages me to improve my workout from the previous workout.

Day 20 (Saturday)
Diet:
Breakfast: Bowl of Golden Grahams Cereal
Lunch: 1 slice Pizza Hut Pan Pepperoni Pizza, 40 oz water
Dinner: 1 hotdog with bun, 1 hamburger with bun, about 20 pieces of mixed fruit, about 20 tortilla chips, 1 very small slice of chocolate cake, 30 oz water.
Snack: Popcorn

Day’s thought: Went to nephews birthday party, did good but had to taste the chocolate coke.

Day 21 (Sunday)
Diet:
Breakfast: Bowl Golden Grahams Cereal, 40 oz water
Lunch: One slice Pizza Hut Pan Pepperoni Pizza, 1 glass crystal light
Dinner: Tortilla Chips with grilled chicken, salsa, black beans and cheddar cheese, 2 glasses crystal light and 2 cups hot green tea.
Snack: Sugar Free/Fat Free popsicle.

Day 22:
Workout Routine
Chest
 Vertical Press 195x4 180x6 165x8
 Incline Press 180x4 165x6 150x8
 Decline Press 130x4 110x4 90x4
 Seated Fly 100x4 90x6 80x8
Shoulders
 Lateral Raise 110x4 95x6 80x8
 Shoulder Press 160x4 140x6 120x8

Lats
 Front Pulldown 160x4 140x6 120x8
 Lat Flexor 165x4 150x6 135x8
Arms
 Tricept Pulldown 72.5x10 65x15 57,5x20
 Bicept Curl 90x4 80x6 70x8
Abs
 Ab press 120x20 100x20 80x20
 Torso Rotation 90x20 70x20 50x20 (each side)
 Standard Crunch 150
 Torso Crunch 25x10 25x10 25x10 (each side)
Back
 Seated Row 110x4 90x6 70x8
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 20 minutes 1.65
 Fit Stride 20 minutes 2.10
 Treadmill 20 minutes 1.87
Extra:
Seated Bicept Curl 50x16 60x8 (each arm)
Pec Fly Machine 205x8 160x12

Diet:
Breakfast: Protein Shake, 20 oz water
Lunch: Turkey on Wheat toast, 20 oz water, cup hot green tea.
Dinner: Spinach and Strawberry Salad, 30 oz water, 1 glass of Crystal Lite
Snack: Early: Itialan Ice, Later: Fat/Sugar Free popsicle.

Day’s Thought: I had a great workout today. I hope to reach my goal on Friday. I would really like to be at 145 lbs.

Day 23
Workout routine

Legs
 Calf Raise 290x20 270x20 250x20
 Leg Extension 140x4 130x6 120x8
 Hip Abduction 110x4 100x6 90x8
 Hip Adduction 140x4 130x8 120x12
 Leg Curl 100x4 85x6 70x8
 Seated Leg Press 210x4 190x6 170x8
Abs
 Torso Rotation 90x12 (each side)
 Ab press 120x20 105x20 95x20 85x20
 Standard crunches 450
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 20 minutes 1.68
 Fit Stride 20 minutes 2.00
 Treadmill 20 minutes 1.82

Diet:
Breakfast: Protein Shake, 20 oz water.
Lunch: Turkey on wheat toast with a cup of hot green tea
Dinner: Wheat flatbread cheese pizza, 20 oz water, 1 glass crystal lite.
Snack: Sugar/Fat Free Popsicle.

Day 24
Workout Routine
Chest
 Vertical Press 195x6 180x8 165x10
 Incline Press 180x6
 Decline Press 130x6
 Seated Fly 100x6
Shoulders
 Lateral Raise 110x6 95x8 80x10
 Shoulder Press 160x6 140x8 120x10

Lats
 Front Pulldown 160x6 140x8 120x10
 Lat Flexor 165x6 150x8
Arms
 Tricept Pulldown 72.5x15 65x20 57,5x25
 Bicept Curl 90x6 80x8 70x10
Abs
 Standard Crunch 150
Back
 Seated Row 110x6 90x8 70x10

Diet:
Breakfast: 2 slices of wheat toast with honey, 20 oz water, yogurt.
Lunch: Protein Shake, 40 oz water.
Dinner: Chipolte Chicken Burrito, 1 glass Crystal Lite
Snack: Fat/Sugar free Popsicle

Day’s Thought: I was feeling a little sick today so I ended my workout early. Did not do cardio will try and make it up during the rest of the week.

Day 25
Workout Routine:

Legs
 Calf Raise 290x25 270x25 250x25
 Leg Extension 140x6 130x8 120x10
 Hip Abduction 110x6 100x8 90x10
 Hip Adduction 140x6 130x12 120x15
 Leg Curl 100x6 85x8 70x10
 Seated Leg Press 210x6 190x8 170x10
Abs
 Torso Rotation 90x12 (each side)
 Ab press 120x25 105x25 95x25 85x25
 Standard crunches 300
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 30 minutes 2.50
 Fit Stride 30 minutes 3.07
 Treadmill 30 minutes 2.58

Diet:
Breakfast: Protein Shake, 20 oz water.
Lunch: Turkey on Wheat toast, yogurt, 20 oz water.
Dinner: Wheat Flatbread Cheese Pizza, 1 glass crystal lite.
Snack: Italian ice.

Day’s thought: I did extra cardio to make up for yesterday, it went amazingly easy. I am still not feeling 100% but have managed to continue with my workout.

Day 26 (LAST DAY OF TRAINING)

Workout Routine
Chest
 Vertical Press 195x5 180x10 165x12
 Incline Press 180x8 165x10 150x12
 Decline Press 130x5 110x8 90x8
 Seated Fly 100x8 90x10 80x12
Shoulders
 Lateral Raise 110x3 95x10 80x12
 Shoulder Press 160x8 140x9 120x12

Lats
 Front Pulldown 160x8 140x10 120x12
 Lat Flexor 165x8 150x10 135x12
Arms
 Tricept Pulldown 72.5x20 65x25 57,5x30
 Bicept Curl 90x7 80x9 70x12
Abs
 Ab press 120x35 100x35 80x35
 Torso Rotation 90x20 70x20 50x20 (each side)
 Standard Crunch 150
 Torso Crunch 25x10 25x10 25x10 (each side)
Back
 Seated Row 110x8 90x10 70x12
Cardio
 Cross Ramp 30 minutes 2.67
 Fit Stride 30 minutes 3.43
 Treadmill 30 minutes 2.61

Diet:
Breakfast: Protein Shake, 20 oz water.
Lunch: Turkey on wheat toast, 20 oz. Water
Dinner: Spinach/Strawberry Salad with 1 glass Crystal Lite
Snack: Fat/Sugar Free Popsicle.

Well, I have completed my goal and it was very difficult, yet extremely rewarding. I have had many people tell me how good I look and that makes me feel great. My goal was to go from a 34 to a 32 waist and go from 155 lbs to 145 lbs. Well the final results, I feel very comfortable in a pair of jeans in a 30 waist and this morning I weighed in at 144 lbs. So, in one month I went from a 34 to 30 waist and went from 155 lbs. to 144 lbs. I am very happy with my results.
Now, the big decision, will I stick with it? I have enjoyed the diet and plan to watch my intake of fat and sugar. The workout routine, well, spending three hours in the gym each day is a little much. I plan to cut back a little on my time at the gym but plan to continue to increase my lifting and continue with cardio at a smaller scale.
This really has changed the way I look at myself and environment. I plan to eventually start a few classes, I am looking at Yoga, I feel it will help me. I did this at the right time in my life, it has been so good for my soul and has helped me in so many ways.

To see before and after pictures go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/gabriel007/

No comments: